Grid Control Workflow for Switching and Placement Measures
Grid Control Visualizing the Workflow for Switching and Placement Measures
The topological network and switching conditions can be displayed in colour using the module Lovion GRID. These networks can also be analysed based on their topology using Lovion ANALYZER. Furthermore, the modules Lovion SWITCHING and Lovion SWITCHBOARD enable a more extensive grid control capturing current operational switching conditions as well as managing the workflow for switching and placement measures including planning, approval and creating letters for switching measures.
The topology of the network, i.e. the connection between nodes and edges, can be visualized in Lovion GRID. Network data usually originates from GIS or the control system.
Circuit Visualization in Colour
A circuit can be visualized in colour based on normal switching conditions. This is possible by implementing Lovion GRID. A network analysis with a depiction of electrical sockets can be carried out in Lovion ANALYZER.
Standard Switching Conditions
Operational switching conditions are usually recorded in the utility company’s network documentation. This information is normally saved as static data based on normal switching conditions.
Analysing current Network Conditions
In order to utilise switching conditions for grid control, current data records of operational switching conditions are usually saved in a separate overview or schematic map. The network can be evaluated based on its topology and normal switching conditions by implementing a network analysis.
Switching and Placement Measures
Switching and placement measures can be coordinated for unplanned and short-term outages. Planned switching and placement measures on the other hand are used for medium- to long-term activities involving maintenance, construction work or network planning activities.
- Topological grid depiction
- Network analyses including circuit visualizations in colour
- Recording operational conditions in the network documentation and processes
- Dynamic network conditions
- Retrieving information about current asset switching conditions
- Assessing planned, current and historic grid conditions
- Support for operational decision-making processes
- Creating post notifications for switching measures
- Complete integration into planning, construction and maintenance measures