Integration of Data, Systems and Processes
Transparent Interfaces as Core Elements of the Platform
The business information system Lovion BIS serves as central system for network operators to cover all business processes within one medium. Processes require data from different sources, e.g. business data from an ERP system or technical data from a geoinformation system.
The Users' View
Users require a uniform user guidance without media breaks or switching to other applications and interfaces in order to optimise the process. Therefore, a direct and smooth integration into existing system landscapes is the main goal and requirement of the business information system's architecture. The focus lies on users. Lovion's aspiration is to provide all users with optimal data for each process.
Integration at System and Data Level
IT systems must guarantee data integrity and correctness at all times. Therefore, Lovion does not regard integration as a third party solution, but as an essential part of its own product strategy. The integration platform of Lovion BIS is flexibly extendible and can be tailored to the requirements of a customer project. In this respect, data can be directy accessed or replicated in Lovion. This means that users can access primary Lovion data as well as secondary data from third party systems.
Integration at Process Level
Organisational structures of network operators vary depending on their size and goals. Typically, a distinction is made between the asset owner, asset management and asset service, which are sometimes managed by different companies. All areas require a multitude of processes that usually include:
- Strategic and operative asset management
- Economic planning (budgeting)
- Controlling (costs, times and quality)
- Documentation/administration of technical resources
- Planning, construction and maintenance
- Operation, maintenance, fault elimination, planning disconnections
- Work scheduling and dispatching
- Task execution (mobile online and offline)
- Connection services (customer portal)
- Metering and measuring services
- Managing external staff or service providers
As most business processes cover both economic and technical measures, their execution requires cross-system compatibilities. Lovion offers optimised standard products in a uniform environment and for different fields. The system's high integration capabilities ensure a secure and transparent information flow including towards integrated third party systems.
Interfaces for prevalent IT Systems
Lovion BIS offers interfaces for a large number of systems, some of which are listed below:
- ERP (Enterprise Ressource Planning) – e.g. SAP, Schleupen and Wilken
- GIS (Geographic Information System) – e.g. Smallworld, ESRI and GISMobil
- FME integration platform
- Web – e.g. OGC services (WMS/WFS) and SOAP services
- CAD (Computer-Aided Design) – DWG and DXF
- Switching control (SCADA) – PSIcontrol, HIGH-LEIT and Siemens Control System
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook (Exchange)
- DMS (Document Management System) – All prevalent systems
- AVA (tenders, contracting and accounting) – GAEB format